Bus Information 2023
Next year our school bus operator is changing. Our new school bus operator is Go Bus.
To make sure that the start of the school year goes as smoothly as possible, please familiarise yourself with the information below.
If your child takes a bus to school please complete this form for our records
As always, please either stay with your children while they are waiting for their school transport in the morning or keep in contact with them to make sure that they are picked up safely.
Responsibility of caregivers
To ensure a safe environment for bus loading and unloading, caregivers should:
- not park in bus stop
- adhere to the speed limit (20 km/h while passing a stationary school bus on either side of the road)
- try to eliminate the need for children to cross the road
- ensure that children get to and from the bus stop safely
- teach children to not run across the road
School bus routes and bus stop information
(Provided by Go Bus)
Route 15 – Lake Tarawera
Leaving Tarawera at 07.50am. Return from Brent Road at 3.05pm
Alexander Rd, Spencer Rd, Okareka Loop Rd, Tarawera Rd, Selwyn Rd, Isles Rd, Warwick Dr, Morey St, Brent Road
Eligibility for school transport assistance
The Ministry of Education has three criteria that students must meet in order to qualify for school transport assistance. They are:
- The student must attend their closest state or state-integrated school
- The student must live more 3.2 Km from the school
- There must be no suitable public transport options
The Ministry of Education has a handy video on their website that helps explains the eligibility criteria for school transport assistance.
Please note: if you currently have a private arrangement with your bus operator, you will need to contact your bus operator to confirm that your arrangement will continue in 2023.
RLHS Charter Bus
Please note that Mokoia Intermediate Students are required to have a term pass and cannot purchase weekly tickets
School transport queries
If you have any queries about our school transport, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org